What is the best way to light a hard-to-reach candle wick without burning your finger?
What is the best way to light a candle when the wick is difficult to reach? My candle is similar to the one pictured below (large, glass, with a somewhat enclosed top), and I usually use either standard short matches or a bic lighter.
As the candle burns, it becomes more difficult to light, and I usually just throw it away at that point. What could I use to light the candle safely?
What are your constraints? What is the shape of the candle container? What kind of lighter are you using? Where are you? (Location informs what materials might be on hand.)
Sorry if I was unclear - for location I meant a house, an office, a restaurant, etc