What is the meaning of W and T on a camera's zoom buttons?

  • On every conventional digital camera (excluding the models with detachable lenses), there are buttons to zoom in and out with W side and T side.

    When you press W, the lens zooms out. The lens zooms in when you press T

    I want to know what do these letters, W and T mean.

    I'd vote to close as a too-basic/look-in-the-manual question, except when I did a quick search, it looks like there's a lot of people asking it, so I don't think it hurts for us to have an answer.

    I tell PPl its T for towards it W for way from it.

  • Sid

    Sid Correct answer

    8 years ago

    These letters refers to zooming depth as follows,

    • W = Wide angle
    • T = Telephoto

    Read more about wideangle and telephoto in the tags.

    The name "telephoto" includes "tele", which means "far off" or "over a distance" so it literally means "long distance photography"

License under CC-BY-SA with attribution

Content dated before 7/24/2021 11:53 AM