Prepaid SIM card with best data plan in Canada
I'm travelling to Canada
Does anyone know which prepaid SIM card has the best data plan?
In term of data usage and 3G/4G coverage. I don't think I'm ging to need to call a lot so talk time/texting/etc. are just optional. The only thing I care is data, preferably 2GB with cheapest fee.
Here's what the current Telco providers have for prepaid data plans (closest to 2GB):
- Rogers offers 2GB on the Talk, Text and Internet 80. $80.75/month. $0.04/mb
- Bell offers 2GB on the Prepaid - 100MB with $50 add on. $70.75/month. roughly $0.03/mb
- Chatr offers 1GB on the Canada-wide Talk & Text with $25 add on. $60.00/month. $0.06/mb
- Telus offers 400MB on the Talk + Data + Messaging 40. $40.00/month. $0.1/mb
- Fido offers 1GB on the The base Prepaid plan ($15.75) with a $30 add on. $45.75/month. $0.04/mb
- Koodo offers 1GB on the The base Prepaid plan ($15.00) with a $30 add on. $45.00/month. $0.04/mb
This is a very through review of the prepaid plans however this is not what the OP asked -- he wanted data. There are data only plans, mostly sold as "ipad plan" or "tablet plan" or sometimes "mobile internet".
To ecnepsnai: thanks a lot for the compilation. I myself would never be able to get this list. To chx: thanks for the internet plan suggestion as well. But I think even though it's not imminent now, I guess I still need calling somehow, so I will personally choose Bell talk + 2GB data plan added on.