Do I need a visa to travel from India to Nepal?
I am planning for a one month journey to Kathmandu, Nepal. I have read that Indian citizen does not need to have visa as to travel to Nepal. If so what all identifications/documents should I carry with me. And what all are the procedures?
Indian nationals do not require a visa to enter Nepal.
As per the Nepalese immigration, Indian nationals traveling to Nepal must posses any one of the following documents:
- Driving License with photo.
- Photo Identity card issued by a Government Agency.
- Ration Card with Photo.
- Election Commission Card with Photo .
- Identity Card issued by Embassy of India in Kathmandu .
- Identity Card with photo issued by sub-divisional magistrate or any other officials above his rank.
Also, please check with your nearest travel agents for documents required by the Indian Immigration for Indians traveling to Nepal.